a warhammer online blog

Saturday, 6 December 2008

Intro

So I've been playing Warhammer since September and it honestly wasn't meant to be this way! After playing World of Warcraft for around a year and a half, levelling two characters to 70 (amidst other abandoned alts), and now being unable to play further (I'm emigrating, Blizzard outright refuse to transfer characters between the international server clusters), I was planning to rest on my laurels and let Mythic settle all their bugs before I dived back in. Probably after Christmas.

But it wasn't to be.

It took me a maximum 2 weeks after launchdate to buckle before I tapped that pipe again. I even bought new RAM in order to play.

And I don't regret it! It is so much fun. SO. MUCH. FUN. There are three reasons I've started this blog. One is because the game is just SO. MUCH. FUN. Two is to counteract the naysayers - there are a lot of people publicly declaring that the game is Not Very Good, and defecting back to WoW whereas I see things a lot different. I can't and won't go back to Blizzard - I have so much love for what they have done in the world of gaming, and WoW is possibly one of the best games I've played in my life, but it's like a bad ex-boyfriend. Great sex, shame about everything else being stunted and frustrating. If I have to level through the Barrens one more time, I am going to slit my throat.

And finally, my third reason is that I've not played an MMO from the beginning. OK, I didn't participate in the Beta, but I'm watching this game of epic proportions grow around me, and I want to partake as vocally as possible. There are lots and lots of other blogs (see the list to the right) that are doing this too, all of which share information and inspire thoughts. I only wish I'd started this from day one, and documented the amount of times I managed to fall through the floor in Altdorf (clue: more than once).

No comments:

Post a Comment